Sometimes you need to make a sweet treat for work or a picnic and you want something super simple, very easily portable (particularly if you live in a tiny apartment like me and have no cupboard space for cupcake carriers and their ilk) and delicious.
You could take fruit, and 90% of the time that would be my go-to, but sometimes fruit just ain’t going to cut it!
On such occasions I make chocolate spiders. They are like a better version of chocolate crackles and don’t involve copha, because frankly that stuff is creepy. The darker chocolate and pure PB make these a little healthier than they might otherwise be.. (though the ingredients in the noodles are a bit scary)
You will need:
- 1 packet of Chang’s ‘original fried noodles’ (100 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (100% peanuts preferable)
- 200 grams bittersweet/dark chocolate.
- Melt chocolate and PB in a bowl over a pot of hot water (or in a microwave if you have one).
- Add noodles and stir (you may also want to add some salt or chilli powder to spice things up).
- Spoon mix into patty pans or baking paper if preferred then refrigerate till set – about an hour at least.
- If you take them to a picnic make sure you are fast and have one before everyone else eats them!
I have no idea how long they would last but they have never ‘lasted’ longer than a day in my house.